Some links in this post are affiliate links, see disclosure for more details
Who is down for a healthy challenge? I am in desperate need of a little kick-start into a healthy week! I feel like there has been too much on my plate, too many carbs, and too many treats. I definitely try to watch what I eat. I try to eat REAL food. I also exercise 4-6 days a week. However, there are times in my life where I have a couple of days, weeks, or even the whole month of getting off track (I am human and get sidetracked). When this happens, I need some kind of CHALLENGE! These challenges can be anything from doing a Whole 30, vamping up my exercise routine, or a week-long jumpstart of some sorts. I have decided to go with a smoothie challenge, and I want to share it with you!
The Smoothie Benefits
One thing I have noticed that I have totally been slacking on is my morning smoothies! This is not good! Lately, I have just been super busy with the blog and toddlers that I haven’t devoted enough time to my smoothies. Well, no more of that! Smoothies have way too many benefits to neglect them. I love them for so many reasons:
- They taste AMAZING
- They really aid in my body’s overall digestion
- They help with my veggie, fruit, and protein intake
- They are the perfect base to add my NEEDED supplements (this topic will be in another post)
- They satisfy my photography food styling itch
The 5 Day Smoothie Challenge
This challenge is going to be super easy, I promise!
- First, I want you to replace 1 meal a day for 5 days with a smoothie. Your smoothie is going to be super FILLING, so this will not be hard. I usually replace my breakfast with a smoothie, but you can do lunch or dinner!
- Next, go download the FREE 5 DAY SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE by signing up for the Flashes of Bliss newsletter! Print it out and put it on your refrigerator. Add it to your calendar. Save it to your phone or computer.
- Next, go to your favorite farmers market or grocery store to get your ingredients.
- Finally, add your ingredients to your high-speed blender or Vitamix and blend. Drink and enjoy! That’s it!
- Half cup of blueberries
- Half of a banana
- Half of an avocado
- Handful of spinach (or any greens)
- Tablespoon of chia seeds
- Scoop of Garden of Life chocolate protein
- Teaspoon – tablespoon of cinnamon (depending on how much you like – I use a tablespoon!!!)
- Half to 1 cup of unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1 cup of Georgia peaches (or any kind-my husband is from Georgia, so we get really yummy ones from there all the time!)
- Half of a banana
- Handful of kale (or any greens)
- 1 tablespoon of MCT, olive, or avocado oil (good fat, more on this later)
- Tablespoon of hemp seeds (you can put them in the smoothie or sprinkle on top)
- Scoop of Garden of Life vanilla protein
- Thumb size of ginger root or half tablespoon of dry ginger
- Half cup unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk
- Half cup of coconut water
My Amazon Links
It is super easy to get some of your ingredients right here from Amazon. I have listed some of my favorite brands! Just click the pic and get them delivered right to your house!
I have started you off with the first 2 smoothies: Blueberry Bliss and Georgia Peach. Next, go download the FREE 5 DAY SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE to get the Green With Energy, Flashes of Berry, and the Pom Bomb! It will give you an organized list of all 5 smoothies, so you can start the challenge! I have already started and I am feeling extra healthy with more energy! So go download the FREE challenge, get your ingredients, and start already! What do you have to lose, except maybe pounds and fatigue? Please comment below and let me know if you have any questions and your start date!